Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"College... It's about gaining the knowledge and skills you need to seize opportunities -- and that includes knowing when to walk away from something that makes you unhappy." (Robinson H, 2013)
Yeah, I know it was a real tough decision, but I have decided to walk away. 
This reminded me of a keyword that my former employer who elucidated me upon lending me his ears & time. Thanks Nigel.

"College, if you're lucky enough to get there, is really about figuring out your friends and your values as well as your dreams for the future. Nobody -- well, almost nobody -- finds a top-paying position right out of college. Most of us have to pay our dues and climb a dozen different career ladders before we find one that has rungs we can reach -- and a place at the top with a view that suits us. If you land that seemingly "perfect" job with a salary worth boasting about, but then you hate it and are afraid to quit, your wings are clipped. That "safe" job will kill your creativity, drown your enthusiasm, and smother your ability to get up in the morning with a bounce in your step. Why stay?" (Robinson H., 2013)

Exactly, I just turned down a job offer in a global company. Yes, it's not that I am well-off but no regret and I am happy. Thanks to the enlightenment from a friend of mine.

"When you quit a job, any job, it can be terrifying. But it's also exhilarating, as you open yourself to new possibilities. So go ahead. Take the risk. Quit that job, if you hate it. You might surprise yourself." (Robinson H,. 2013)
True. There is no best job in the world but the job that best suits you. I really love to explore and expose myself to new things. "It is alright when you have to take longer route to reach your destination, don't give up." That was what my dearest mentor, Pn. Leong told few years back then when I visit her upon graduate.

And, the phrase: Take the risk, reminded me of another awesome boss of mine - Rafeek who shared his experience with us.

Okay, ignore the inappropriate referencing style but that are the highlights that I think worth pondering upon reading the article: Why I Told My Daughter To Quit Her Job by Holly Ronbinson. Cheerio!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment