Tuesday, February 19, 2013

2011 & 2012 Review

A friend of mine (who I admire) just prompted me to check with the record for his 100 hours of enrichment of the year, which has just reminded me that I still yet to review what have I done in the past 2 years.
Time to flashback:

2011
Back to the big family of St. John Ambulance Malaysia after being dormant for a year thanks to my hair colour.
Took part in Roland Piano Festival.
Travelled to Johor & Singapore with my bff.
Performed in Russian Roulette concert with Taylor's University Symphony Orchestra as a flautist.
Involved in Pixies The Musical as a keyboardist.
Folded the 1st ever origami crane!
Played for the Fresco Harmonica Charity Concert, Borneo Jazz Festival Preview, Malaysia Day celebration, MJ Moon-walking in Taylor's & Halloween Fright Night as a flautist.
Participated in Lecturer's Day as a keyboardist & song arranger.
Finally watched the Southeast Asia Tour concert by Asian Youth Orchestra.
Helped out as a flautist in PJ Philharmonic Orchestra.
Received 1st ever wedding invitation in my lifetime and played for the wedding gig.
Attended my primary school classmate's wedding dinner, gathered with my long lost old friends.
Visited Sekinchan & Malacca with my orchestra mates.
Total volunteer duty hour: 56 hours



Musical, orchestra, symphonic band, gig, competition and song arrangement: exposed myself in several music stuff in a year's time :)

2012
Applied for part time jobs during my semester break and ah ha, I got hired during the first interview for 2 jobs, on the spot!
Played for the French Language Week Opening Ceremony as a double bassist.
Performed 1st outdoor wedding gig in my life as a song arranger and pianist.
Experienced real fun & inspiring working life at Reliance College.
Performed with Seri Kembangan Youth Band for a charity event.
Went for my piano diploma exam.
Had 1st ever acupuncture.
Helped my sis' friend for outdoor photoshoot (though I rarely take photo of myself).
Organised & played in the Expressions Concert for Taylor's University Symphony Orchestra (which the idea of organising it were once flashed in my mind during my secondary school time). Expressions Concert should be the 1st and last orchestra concert that I organise in my university life.
Interviewed with Mr Nikolai from Livescape, Mr Chan from Chan Academy of Music & Arts, Mr Andrew from Genting & Mr Gared from Avillion Port Dickson for my courseworks.
Joined the debut concert of Selangor Philharmonic Orchestra.
Attended 1st ever korean cooking class.
Performed for Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival 2012
Entered the semifinal round of L'Oreal Brandstorm 2013.
Finally run in marathon (instead of duty): Penang Bridge International Marathon with my siblings.
Total volunteer duty hour: 55 hours


2012, a happening year with ups & downs, not to mention tremendous stress. Yet, growth and development while meeting with quite a number of inspirational people were added perks. Thank you for the enlightment.
L'Oreal Brandstorm 2014, I will be back!

2013
My new wallpaper that I like the most...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment