Sunday, February 23, 2014

I don't really spend much time on Facebook these day but something caught my attention when I was glancing the news feed.
Orchestra concert featuring the music of Joe Hisaishi?
Seriously?
Immediately, arrangements made.
I know it's a concert that my sis yearned to watch!
Glad to know that we were able to secure the tickets; the seats were almost fully-booked though it was few months away before the concert day!
(Thanks to my dearest cousins)
Leave application made, there I brought my sis to Singapore for the concert.

wheee~ we arrived 25 mins ahead of the time.
Having said that, we have more time to have fun!
Guess what, we were in the flight steered by Captain Cool/ Koo/ Khoo!
Haha...

breakfast is a must as soon as I touch down
Breakfast set offered by the Burger King is totally different from what I can get in my country.

Gary, where's Patrick?
Collected our tickets at The Star Performing Arts Centre
Next station after getting our tickets: Bugis street
Although Chinese New Year was just ended on the day before we arrived, one can still experience the intense CNY atmosphere over there.
Apparently, it was greater than the Chinatown at my home country!

miraculous tool!
God of Happiness
Chihiro & No-Face came alive!
umm.. where's Haku?
huge theatre hall
free glow sticks for the concert
repertoire of the SSO Pops Concert: Spirited Away - The Music of Joe Hisaishi:

Oriental Wind, for orchestra
My Neighbour Totoro, Orchestra Stories (William Ledbetter as narrator)
Departures, for 'cello and orchestra
Saka No Ue No Kumo, for orchestra
One Summer's Day, for piano & orchestra
Kiki's Delivery Service, for piano, percussion & strings
Summer (from Kikujiro), for piano & orchestra
Water Traveller, for orchestra

 Under the baton of Joshua Tan, heart the playing by the Singapore Symphony Orchestra with Shane Thio on piano & Ng Pei-Sian on cello (youngest member in SSO!).
My sis was so touched that she dropped tears of joy.
Still, it will be great if the acoustics and sound system of the hall can be enhanced so that more audience can feel more impact from the music - the hall is humongous!


There were 3,800 audience on that night.
Such an overwhelming response!

I don't really get to spend time with my family often, so this would be the present for my sis before she's studying abroad.

collected my bass buggie! hehe

Last station before returning to my home: Gardens by the Bay
I'll visit here again, at night

strong wind blows - ideal place for kite flying!


spot the humongous octopus on the sky!

snacks from my cousin hehe...
got myself a new pair of shoes at Marina Bay Sands
This was a rather short trip to Singapore with a tight schedule, didn't get to arrange any meet up with my friends.
Also, short break for myself after spending months with my team for the L'Oreal Brandstrom Competition 2014 regardless of our commitment for internship.
Anyhow, I believe I will visit the Lion City in the near future!

not to forget, this lil girl who brought us around MBS :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment