Sunday, March 29, 2009

come on guys n girl!
tis gonna be the event of the year!!!

MBSSKL MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS COMPETITION 2009


· 1st Round Audition (Individual)

  • Date: 7th April 2009
  • Time: 2.30-4.30pm
  • Venue: School Hall
1st Round Audition (Group)

  • Date: 9th April 2009 14 April 09
  • Time: 2.30-4.30pm
  • Venue: School Hall
Twelve competitors will be admitted to the semi final recital from each category. The list of the contestant being qualified for 2nd round audition will be pasted on the notice board in front of the school office.

· 2nd Round Audition (Individual)
  • Date: 14th April 2009
  • Time: 2.30-4.30pm
  • Venue: School Hall
Six competitors will be admitted to the final from each category. The list of finalists will be pasted on the notice board in front of the school office.

· Final (Individual & Group)

  • Date: 21st April 2009
  • Time: 2.45-4.30pm
  • Venue: School Hall

Three competitors with the highest scores in individual category will get the places of first, second and third accordingly.
Competitor with the highest scores in group category will get the first place.


Marking Scheme
Choice of music/repertoire
2 marks
Instrumentation – types of musical instruments used in the

presentation
3marks
Analysis of the music with reference to structural and expressive

elements.

Features:
15marks
• Rhythmic features – e.g., metre, characteristic figures, syncopation;

• Melodic features – e.g., tonality, pitch movement, sequences;

• Harmonic features – i.e., chord types, cadences, dissonance;

• Formal structure – i.e., phrase pattern, binary, ternary, strophic, etc.;

• Timbral features – i.e., instruments and/or voices;

• Expressive features – e.g., tempo, dynamics, articulation;

• Genre/Style – i.e., folk, popular, Jazz, Art, Reggae, Gospel, Soca, etc.



Total
20marks

· Results of the 1st and 2nd audition are based on the decision of the panel of judges.
· 70% of the final result will be decided by judges and the other 30% by voting.
· Judges will comment on the competitors’ performances.



Rules & Regulations
· The Competition is open to all MBSSKL students.
· RM5 will be charged for the entry of individual category. RM15 will be charged for the entry of group category.
· Repertoire is not necessary to be played in memory.
· In individual group, competitors are given a choice of ‘play along’.
· Competitors who are not ready to perform when called upon to do so may be disqualified.
· The decision made by the Jury is final.
· Competitors cannot appeal against the decisions of the Jury.
· Any competitor who makes an attempt, or on whose behalf an attempt is made, to communicate with any member of the Jury may be disqualified.
· Competitors will be required to submit their repertoire together with the application form. The repertoire may not be altered after being handed up. The timings of all works to be played must be stated accurately and whether repeats will be made.
· Voting ticket will be sold at the price of RM0.50. Amount of vote by each student is not being limited.
· Only piano and drum set are provided, participants are required to bring their own instrument(s) if they are going to perform using other instrument(s).
· PARTICIPANTS WOULD NEED TO PAY FOR THE COMPENSATION OF THE PARTICULAR INSTRUMENT(S) PROVIDED IF THEY ARE BEING SPOILED.

View Music & Choir Club's site for more updated information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



There was an error in this gadget